Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas selling are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a connected with some of the reasons you could have gotten discarded. It does not cover every reason you have access to rejected, but hopefully plans and ideas something to think about.
You need to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers competition! Yes, you still need to enjoy a good idea but you’ll find that it doesn’t matter how to patent a product idea good a perception you might imagine it is you can still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that they would reject an idea that they agree could be profitable. Below are some common purposes why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. A lot more claims may surely have a complete collection of products and not looking to add more.
2. The product is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission into the wrong an associate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it off to the right one.
4. You sent one does this program unsolicited without contacting corporation first to check their submission policy, and they rejected it solely on that trigger.
5. You did not have proper contact information on your the distribution. (That is one of the greatest mistakes Inventors make. The machines will not bother to monitor you up.)
6. They have too many similar services that marketplace is flooded a sufficient quantity of.
7. Your idea interests a very small niche market and would like mass market items.
8. Price of to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Revenue sheet didnrrrt WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort by simply.
10. Goods has have been patented by someone else and they don’t want to find out if they can go around it or risk infringement factors.
11. Your product or idea isn’t compared to what has already been on the market. This tells them you didn’t research your idea perfectly well and do not need a clue who your competition is in the market.
12. You sent a procedure that is exactly like their current product and that current technique are a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps on the downswing compared to what will be coming out the following year.
14. They already have a better solution than yours within works for release that coming yr. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea although the company has already invested in molds, new product idea engineering, samples, etc prior on the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. This takes place a entire lot. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones inventing.)
15. They have received another similar idea from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. Include posted your idea unprotected online in a of those invention posting sites where others vote on your products to verify that there is interest. Your public disclosure makes company concerned whether any patent protection will be allowed and turns it down in keeping with that issue.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype on youtube and have a significant involving hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you should have an issued patent, help to they perform quick look on your patent they noticed that it has lapsed resulting from non-payment of fees and has now been lapsed significantly beyond the due associate with. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There’s a patent, nevertheless was poorly written and does not cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. You then have a design patent and designing around your patent is an easy task, to ensure that you they should be expecting very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t the outside ideas and does not publicize individuals. So you get a rejection letter, but won’t matter explain they cannot look right out of the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided their very own line for that year or the following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Simply consider items with a sales history they can review your item never been being produced or sold stores or online. In order that they do n’t need to go ahead and take risk of being the first company selling it.
As I stated above these are simply a few with the reasons your event may have your idea/product rejected with company. Really take time how to patent your idea yourself and understand your market, your place in that market and plenty of research part to make yourself as marketable as possible.